2008-12-09

Songs That Never Die

One of my all-time favorite songs is "Blue Sky" (from Eat A Peach) by the Allman Brothers Band. I could listen to that long, smooth, Dickey Betts solo over and over. I haven't been able to find a web video that impressed me enough to post with this song but I did find another great Allman's tune called "Melissa." I found this live version. The guitar work is superb.

No talk about booty calls, beating women, stealing, shooting cops etc. Just plain musicianship playing a beautiful, timeless love ballad.

Why do I get the feeling Gregg Allman never overcame the death of his brother Duane?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.