2008-12-22

Extra! Extra!


I bought an extra bottle of Sambuca by mistake.

I might as well take this opportunity to mention something called caffe corretto. A corretto is an espresso "corrected" with a shot of liquor; generally brandy, grappa (I don't like grappa) and the aforementioned sambuca.

Sambuca (which is an anise based Italian liquor. In the Arab world they drink Araq. It's more harsh but less sweet. It's very good) comes in three "styles." The more familiar white sambuca along with red and black. I have a personal preference for black sambuca. Some of you may have seen sambuca served with coffee beans in restaurants. Specifically, three toasted coffee beans. The reason is to bring out the anise flavor. Another method used to enhance the taste of sambuca is to set fire to it for a few seconds.

All this to say, I have to return the bottle. I'm more of an Averna drinker anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.