2008-12-16

Pass The Cheese

Maybe I should rethink this bail out thing.

I mean, Parmigiano Reggiano and Grano Padano are worthy of government help, no?

Then again, I'm not the biggest cheese eater. But I do buy Parmigiano. It's expensive but worth it over a fresh tomato sauce.

It's funny though. Whenever Italy is covered in the Canadian media it's usually about either a) food and arts or b) the state of its government or) the mafia. It rarely explores Italy's scientific, industrial and manufacturing side. Conversely, Germany's industrial sector, for example, gets attention but its own food and arts not as much. Just like Italy has an interesting industrial economy, Germany is not without its culinary and artistic charm.

I'm sure there's a discussion in this observation somewhere.

It's why I started up the e-Talian blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.