2008-12-03

Learning Along Canada's Possible Coalition

Well, there is good coming from the coalition. Canadians are learning more about how parliamentary democracy works and the constitutional monarchy in general. It's forcing me to dust off one of my old political science books - which I'll read while jacked on espresso.

I must make a confession here. I didn't know the Governor-General had that much power - too much for an unelected official for my taste.

Which leads me to wonder, is there a lack of civic and classics education in Canada?

The other thing, I may as well add, is we get a little too caught up on the mechanics of politics when we debate. Where function overtakes form if you will.

Regardless, either way you cut it, individual liberty will continue to be trampled on. Especially with the three (even if the Bloc act only as a "support") parties that make up the coalition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.