2013-06-14

Quebec Falling Part 39485858

A friend of mine owns a million dollar company and decided to move his operation to Florida. He considered California but that state is Quebec/Canada on steroids with its insane tax policies. In addition, the California economy is a mess.

He liked Texas but figured Florida was the best option.

We also talked about the quality of life in North Carolina and Tennessee also is better than it is here. In fact, the entire southern region of the USA is budding with great potential.

Why is he moving?

Taxes, corruption and the language insanity. He will be affected by Bill 14 so rather than put up with it he's moving.

And believe me PLENTY of people of thinking this way.

When I saw the PQ table Bill 14 I knew it was time to move on and predicted smart, ambitious people would conclude the same.

You would be irrational not to consider moving. What exactly does Quebec have that's so great to keep you here? Ask yourself that question.

I concluded nothing.

My family is considering divesting of our holdings and bolting. We would like to move to the United States. An opportunity came to invest in a business in Florida. After pondering our options we decided it would be a good move especially if we plan to move. We don't feel Quebec is a place to invest.

Don't get fooled by the opening of major corporations like Target. They get major tax concessions to come here but believe me, they quickly wonder about the excessive language idiocy here. It's why Wal-Mart and Costco are taking the Quebec government to court.

Our original plan was to open daycares here but one year into the business, I realized I'd be taking too much of a chance to plunk down $250 000 in a business here. Trying to guess what a boob party like the PQ will do is not my idea of sound investing. Bunch of clowns.

If the CAQ would send a clear message by not voting for Bill 14 it would give hope to reconsider but I'm not sure that will happen.

So USA got our money.

Nah. What you do is look at the amount of projects that come to a grinding halt among small to medium sized businesses. And that's exactly what's happening. I found out today Piscines Trevi - a rather large swimming pool company here - is holding off a major expansion plan because of the PQ's moronic and xenophobic economic and cultural policies.

That's a logical position to take.

I personally worry every month what's gonna happen to my business because the god damn government can put me out of business with one bad, welfare-oriented decision.

Oh, T.C. you're exaggerating! Maybe. Maybe not. My hunch is that I'm not. Like animals can sense an earth quake, humans are good at sensing bad omens.

And Quebec is in a bad place at the moment.

Wait. I think the Federal government is thinking of recalculating the amount provinces get. Quebec takes in more than it kicks in. If that happens...watch out.

I'm not sticking around to find out and my family agrees.

I'm pretty sure many are coming to the same conclusion.


1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    pickup usps packages before delivery is a lengthy and complicated process, click here to investigate and check this link.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.