2011-11-28

What Does It All Mean?

I "unofficially" joined an IQ society for the trivia. While my score was nowhere near the top players (my science knowledge could use some work) it was higher than some companies and institutions including schools. Of course, I wondered how bad the colleges I beat were. I further saw that military academies (including the army) did very well.

Nevertheless.

As I answered more and more questions (over 100), I asked myself, "how much of this is really useful?" Does it matter I know the Ob river is in Russia or that you have to add neutrons and protons to get the atomic mass of a chemical? How does this distinguish me from the yokel jack off who spends absolutely no time bettering themselves intellectually?

It seems the more I fill my head with information, the less I fricken know.

1 comment:

  1. It means nothing! Get used to it!

    It seems the more I fill my head with information, the less I fricken know.

    What the hell universe are you living in? The more I cram my cranium with information, the more I fricken know. Soon my head will be just as big as the heads of the Talosians!



    And it's not that all of it is "really useful", except, maybe (think about it) it is...

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.