2008-07-08

An Astonishing Decision

I'm a little late on this one. I know.

I think I have proven myself to be a mild-mannered blogger. So forgive me if I seem a little excited here but:

THIS IS INCREDIBLE.

This is an incredible story. So, Quebec Superior Court Judge Suzanne Tessier, will you be watching this child from now on?

This left me extremely disturbed knowing my daughter can take me to court one day for simply disciplining her.

The thing that gets me going is the law and society demand that parents take control of their kids yet they rule against the father? We're always being told to watch our kids on the Internet. This guy does it and this is what he gets? What kind of a message are we sending society? Essentially, what's going to happen is parents will CEASE to be responsible parents for fear of being taken to court by an ungrateful child. I fear this father's problems are only beginning. What this judge did was effectively stripped him of his moral and parenting obligations and authority. She's reduced him to a mere "buddy." Awful. Terrible. Maddening.

There I said it.

This decision must be over turned.

In fact, I encourage every parent to forward this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.