2022-03-19

A Democracy No More

You can throw my name in the pile of those who believe Canada is no longer a democracy. 

Have you been paying attention these past two years?

It would take a really ill-informed mind or one that has not paid any attention to even attempt to pretend ours is not a fictions democracy.

At what point during this trumped up emergency did you see democracy or liberty be defended or protected? 

I didn't see it.

The courts abandoned their role as preservers and protectors of the Charter. The police blindly accepted enforcing illegal decrees (which resulted in record number of tickets - particularly in Quebec of course and a vast majority being dismissed. Now the lawsuits will come). Churches were shit down. Alberta is bullying a Pastor and treating him like a terrorist. Mask mandates are still enforced despite a dearth of science proving they work. And our lovely, proud, and courageous politicians who stood up and ensured leaders didn't abuse their power. Ahem. 

From the passports to Quebec tabling Bill 28 (again, who else?) and the attempt to expand state power to  the Emergencies Act leading to the freezing of bank accounts and sending a chilling precedent that protesting can and will be suppressed if the government feels threatened however paranoid or absurd.

It was a complete break down of our political, ethical, and scientific structures. 

*******

A few years ago I was thinking out loud with a friend theorizing WWII never ended. We never really defeated the fascists, Nazis and communists. The Cold War was just an extension of it.

We won the physical war but didn't conquer the intellectual war. While liberal democracies led by the United States had a clear sense of purpose thanks to the Soviet Union, it was by no means free from ideological undertones that would percolate back up as soon as the Soviet Union collapsed.

Progressivism was the dominant strain during the last days of liberal democracy. With classical liberalism long dead, progressivism assumed and appropriated the 'liberal' banner.

Progressivism had a natural affinity for left-wing ideologies aforementioned. It certainly had little in common with classical liberalism (to say nothing of classical conservatism) and libertarianism. 

So it should come of no surprise there was no principled stance in defence of liberty during the Covid hysteria.

Now courts in Europe are starting to slowly render brave and correct decisions. 

The United States has been disappointing but there have been victories.

Canada has been a gulag for court cases filed against Covid measures and racketeering.

But we must keep hammering.

We must get things on record.

We must reaffirm our commitment to freedom and democracy.

It won't be achieved playing pearl clutching,, panty grabbing, hair pulling hysterics about Ukraine while in masks.

It will take far more dedication and contemplation.

The system is fine.

It's the people in it who are broken.

We have to clean house and the mess left behind. 








5 comments:

  1. I am creating an honest wage from home 1900 Dollars/week , that is wonderful, below a year ago I used to be unemployed during an atrocious economy. convey God on a daily basis. I used to be endowed with these directions and currently it’s my duty to pay it forward and share it with everybody, Here is where I started…………𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝟏𝟐𝟒.𝐜𝐨𝐦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [ JOIN US ]
      I get paid more than $90 to $200 per hour for working online. I heard about this job 3 months ago and after joining this I have earned easily $24652 from this without having online working skills .
      Simply give it
      open this link HERE…… 𝐖­­­𝐖­­­𝐖­­­.𝐍­­­𝐄­­­𝐓­­­𝐂­­­𝐀­­­𝐒­­­𝐇­­­.𝐂­­­𝐎­­­𝐌

      Delete
  2. super fast money earning online job to flood the cash in your bank account every week. from this only by working for 2 hrs a day after my college i made $17529 in my last month. I had zero experience when I joined this and in my first month I easily made $11854. It is so easy to do this job and regular income from this is just superb. want to join this right now? just go to this web page for more info>>>↠↠↠super fast money earning online job to flood the cash in your bank account every week. from this only by working for 2 hrs a day after my college i made $17529 in my last month. I had zero experience when I joined this and in my first month I easily made $11854. It is so easy to do this job and regular income from this is just superb. want to join this right now? just go to this web page for more info>>>↠↠↠𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝟏𝟐𝟒.𝐂𝐨𝐦


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make $100-200 an hour working from home. In case you recognize that’s great. My partner has twins and made over $16,000 in his first month. It’s so amazing to earn a lot of money when others need to work less for it….. Www.WorkStar24.com

      Delete
  3. Hey Guys, I know you read many news comments and posts to earn money online jobs.You trust me.I just started this 4 weeks ago. I’ve got my FIRST check total of $850, pretty cool.I wish you tried it.You don’t need to invest anything.Just click and check jobs …. https://www.social96.com

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.