2014-04-18

Coercion And Progressivism Go Hand In Hand

"The Hobby Lobby case pits the religious freedom of abusiness that employs 13,000 people against the rights of itsfemale workers to comprehensive preventive care. The idea that suchcare should include coverage for birth control comes first fromCongress, which mandated preventive coverage when it passed theAffordable Care Act. And it comes from the Institute of Medicine,which has plenty of research to cite showing the health benefits ofaverting unintended pregnancy. The first question about this caseis whether a business has religious rights..."

Ah.

Because the government and research says so then business must comply. Worse, she seems oblivious to the fact that owners and businesses are separate entities.

If I own a business (which I do) and the government compels me to give free contraceptives whether I have a right to opt out if I disagree (which I do. I don't believe I should pay for someone's fucking contraception. Get your own and I really don't give a shit what progressive studies show. It's my right to opt out).

Her position amounts to nothing more than coercion. And this is the common position of the left.

In any event, from what I understand Hobby Lobby takes issue with one specific item in Obamacare as they seem to be okay with the rest. Yet, the left still goes all emotional.

Another way to look at it from their perspective if someone doesn't buy you lunch or dinner, they are violating your human rights because you end up being starved. Or, if you don't lend them money, they end up being poor.

This is how they seem to fricken think

They're not for liberty.

They're for tyranny.

Simple as that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.