2013-04-02

Stop Questioning Me

I'm always right.

Did I mention I'm always right?

Just checking.

And reminding.

It's tough always being right.

Meh.

It's a living.

Why I'm always right is probably best for research and that would mean donating my brain to science and I'm not ready for that.

So when I say the super hospital was going to be one gigantic corrupting mess, believe it. I'm here to tell it like it is. When I advise you to consider investing in an RESP, then dang it, do it.

Or that Chris Matthews is an empty, leftist, vapid fat head, don't argue with me. His line of thinking is a one-way ticket to loserville just like voting for the Parti Quebecois is. Incidentally, if you question my judgment about Matthews and his ilk, read the link. What an idiot. All shrill and no substance.

There's a fine line between losing and winning. It's not always easy but sometimes it stares at you straight in the face. You just have to be willing to face it.

And so it was when I chastised the Bixi bicycle project. It was another one of those feel-good-green environmental plans that had no real chance at making it in Montreal. After the city foolishly through millions more at it, that should have been a red flag to pull the plug on the granola-dry run.

Well. I hear on good authority that the city is negotiating with the STM of all places to take over Bixi. A public institution already running budget deficits will take on a losing proposition in an area it has no expertise in.

What could possibly go wrong?

The head spins.

I'm always right.

***

Want a green city? Live in NYC. You can move around one of the great cities without much fuss thanks to its transportation system. Montreal, meanwhile never (and I would shamelessly) linked the West Island to the mainland. A friend of ours is a big-timer in merger and acquisitions at a bank and doesn't own a car in NYC. Imagine that.

But Bixi was the green thing to do.

Bah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.