2011-06-19

The Sky Didn't Fall

Two kids were selling lemonade in the parking lot of a local business near my daycare today. For one hour they stood outside soliciting cars to buy their lemonade. They deserve to be mentioned here for their perserverance.

I love people who work and show initiative. We don't have enough of that spontaneous entrepreneurship given all the obstacles we now face.

The owner of the business clearly had no problem with a couple of kids selling juice. People were actually stopping and buying lemonade. Why not? It was the perfect day for one; hot and sunny. Perfect day for a straight consenual transaction between citizens free of any type of state bullshit too.

I wonder if anyone came along wagging their fat, useless, brainwashed finger telling them they were breaking the law. Technically, playing street hockey is illegal you know and some neighbours have been known to call the cops on kids. I'm sure it happens with lemonade stands across the continent. It must be stopped!

Oh.

I also noticed the sky didn't fall. I don't think they earned enough for the state to tax them. Nor did they "steal" business from anyone and I'm pretty sure no e-coli was in the water.

As for me, I had ZERO cash on me and couldn't buy any. I was a little peeved because I went home before going to the daycare to do some work and purposely left my money wallet on the table figuring (wrongly as usual) the odds of my buying something were remote.

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.