2011-06-13

Posting Comments Extravaganza With SE!

Me and SE having something going in my time of comment need.

Posting comments as posts! Now there's a niche market!

To respond to his post about my comments, it's a good time to mention that Canada Post and Air Canada are about to strike. Just google Air Canada strike. I don't feel like linking.


I have friends who work for both Canada Post and Air Canada. It's easy to jump on them for striking, but listening to their side lends more insights not necessarily covered by the media  into what's going on.

I hate unions with a mad passion, but unfortunately, most people who pay union dues are just good, honest people who want to protect what they have and a pension for the future. What's happening at Air Canada is pure outrageous.

On one end, you have the CEO Robert Milton getting $85 million and on the other, they slash employee salaries up to 40% as well as their pensions.

That's plain not right.

Air Canada is a company that didn't seem to make the transition from Crown corporation to private company gracefully.

***

Apparently, according to Bret who likely was on his pills when he made the comment, my browser may be the issue. I'll try that angle soon. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know anyone working there, but understand their position. When company lost close to $100 million a year and CEO is making $85 million that is just sad. Air Canada tickets are among highest in North America - I always end up with AA or other airline for the price only.

    Did you hear anything about Google sites technology? I see many blogger sites, but wonder why people don't use their other technologies that seem more advanced...

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.