2010-04-10

Exercising Consumer Power

After busting my hard drive I took advantage and sank further into debt to uprade my computer. Among other things, I bought a new router. I had been using Linksys (owned by Cisco Systems) but I migrated to D-Link. Here's why. When I upgraded I was asked for a security key. I was told the only way to get it was to call Linksys. No sweat, right? Just call them and they'll give it to you. Na-ah.

Instead, I was basically told I had to pay 40 bucks - by way of a one-year warranty - to get it. I explained to the girl I didn't want that and planned to buy a new Linksys router (never really had a problem with the service although I find Indian customer service to be a tad impatient despite the knowledge) but in the mean time wanted the security key. She refused citing company policy. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. After pleading, she told me, ina nutshell, to fuck off and go with another company.

Fuck her. And I did.

I was surprised about the rigidity to say the least.

No more Linksys. Ever. Hello D-Link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.