2010-04-27

Differing Views Of Conservatism

Here's a personal classical liberal perspective of Tea Party conservatism. Classically liberal is a personal favorite blog.

Just want to offer an alternative thought. Notice I said 'Tea party conservatives' because I see them as an "offshoot" of traditional conservatism. The (oft cited) idea that conservatives can't reason on a secular level is patently ridiculous - certain conservatives are certainly warped but not all . I reject it outright. I also scoff at the "conservatives are angry" angle. How to even measure but for reliance on perceptions? I see a whole lotta anger too on the left if you ask me. Just like there are morons and extreme elements within the conservative ranks we have them in the progressive liberal ranks who are equal to the task of depraved intolerance.

Here's a conservative perspective of conservaitsm.

Hardly a 'Tea Party' type I reckon.

I enjoyed this passage because it's exactly how I view life:

"I believe conservatism is a protest against marching forward merely for the sake of marching. As I noted earlier here, G. K. Chesterton said we need to have some idea what our destination is if we want to progress. If progressives have no idea where we're going other than toward some vague goal of fairness, then how do we know if we're progressing at all? If I begin a journey without a destination, how do I even begin?"

I hate doing things "just because." I see that in sports all the time. Aimless teams make bizarre decisions all the time without progressing much even though they give the impression they are. Everyone's snapping fingers, shuffling papers, saying things but what gets done?

I guess it comes down to the speed of change. Progressive want it quicker, conservatives would rather be cautious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.