2009-01-22

Never Say Never

I've been hearing and reading a lot of Canadians say they "never thought they'd see the day a black man be elected in the United States."

Personally, I'm not surprised. It was clear the country was inching towards either a woman or black person (or even a fratello of Italian descent. Ahem) being President. But I'm not the point of this post. I'm so vain I probably think this blog is about me.

Question to my fellow Canadians: will we ever see the day a black man get elected in Canada?

That possibility seems even more distant and remote here. As usual our intellectual tentacles point south instead of north.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.