2009-01-12

Landmark Restaurant Has Cult Following

Ok, since no one is willing to do it I will. Alright, so I'm not the only one.

Beauty's, a Montreal landmark, serves breakfast and brunch on Mount-Royal street and possesses an army of dedicated patrons.

It's also, dare I say, over rated.

Yeah, I know. It's "cool" and "relaxed" and Hollywood stars like going there. Robert de Niro (I think it was him) once said it was his "favorite" place. Shit, maybe it's because they have "magical" eggs and hash browns with real hash in them.

Please.

$15 for breakfast? For an effen omelette? In a place where the servers think they're doing you a favor? No thanks. I couldn't care less what actor is sitting and slouching on one of those stools like a stooge.

Beauty's is not the only one. While Beauty's offers a diner feel, Chez Cora and Eggspectation offer creative menus and are high on decor but all serve average food.

I simply can't find what the fuss is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.