2009-01-26

Language Tips On Safety

My pappy always taught me if I'm not part of the solution then I'm part of the problem. With that in mind, here are a few basic safety translations while riding Quebec's highways (since Transport Quebec seems disinterested in it):

Voie (gauche, droite) bloquee: Blocked lane. Gauche = Left; Droite = Right.

Conduissez prudement:
Drive safely.

Froide Intense:
Intense cold.

Circulation fluide:
I think this is pretty straightforward but "Au Relanti" means sluggish.

I'll be adding to this moving forward. These are the only ones that popped into my tiny head.

2 comments:

  1. How useful! If I ever make it up to Quebec I'll be sure to print this up. How's the weather there in the Summer? Doable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very doable. Quebec in the summer is beautiful and wickedly fun.

    Just as extreme our winters can get so can our summers. Lately, it hasn't been the best but you can expect, on average, 25-33 degrees celc.

    And humid.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.