2015-02-20

MP Pat Martin Learns One Size Doesn't Fit All


"Comartin asked Martin whether he would like to respond to Galipeau, and Martin explained why he left his seat “briefly” in the middle of the proceedings.

“I can blame it on a sale that was down at the Hudson’s Bay,” Martin said. “They had men’s underwear on for half price. I bought a bunch that was clearly too small for me and I find it difficult to sit for any length of time.”

By this point, many MPs had begun to laugh.

“So I apologize if it was necessary for me to leave my seat briefly, but I did not mean to forfeit my right to vote,” Martin concluded.

After Martin sat down, Comartin paused to consider his ruling before saying that Martin’s vote counted because he was in his seat for the actual vote."

At least the NDP are good for a laugh.
 
Maybe the NDP could introduce 'better labeling' legislation for the underwear industry seeing they're big fans of the nanny-state. 

Other than that, I think we guys know how uncomfortable tight under wear can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.