2013-03-03

A Rivalry For All Time

I don't generally engage in 'best x in the world' stuff in sports but I have to say, the Boston Bruins versus Montreal Canadiens has to be one of the top rivalries in all of professional sports.

There's never a dull moment when these two classic Original Six fierce rivals meet. No team riles their respective fan bases more than the prospect of a Bruins-Habs showdown.

I don't make this claim lightly. Soccer has so many magnificent Derby's and rivalries, as do baseball, football, and basketball. To say nothing of College sports in the USA.

But I've been watching these two dance since the late 1970s and it's never, ever lost its passion. Not only do the two teams hate each other, so do the fans.

Never an inch is given. They can be the two worst teams in hockey and you can bet you'll witness what may as well be a Stanley Cup Game 7 final

I was going to write some rivalries down but I'm too lazy at the moment.

I don't watch as much hockey as I used to, however, whenever Montreal-Boston is on, I try to find the times to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.