2012-09-23

Blessing Of Sorts

Up until a couple of weeks ago I had been "training" - more like running on a regular basis - to run the half-marathon in Montreal. Being the competitor I am, I didn't want to 'just run.'

I wanted to be somewhat competitive so I made sure to set an objective and meet it before I committed.

With that small caveat precluding me from signing up early, I attained my goal of running 13 miles in under 1 hour 40 minutes - specifically 1 hour 34. Not bad.

I figured good enough. Alas, by the time I was ready, the marathon wasn't taking in anymore runners as it was filled.

It was a piss off but I spun the disappointment by consoling myself I have more time to train for another marathon - a full one at that.

The marathon was this week-end and lo and behold, I'm sick.

It would have been unfortunate and uncomfortable to run while battling a bad cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.