2009-11-10

Happy 40th Birthday Sesame Street

Easily one of the most memorable shows in television history. Everyone - excuse the presumptuous proclamation has a Sesame Street moment they liked.

The impact of this show on television history really can't be under estimated. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who wasn't influenced or affected by it:




My sister played the piano and used to spoof this with my brother:



Roosevelt Franklin is coooool and smooooth:


Here's Kermy on The Tonight Show:



And then there were all those videos that parodied rock anthems like 'Born to Add.' and "Letter B."

I have to admit. All this leaves me nostalgic. I don't know why. Maybe I'm vulnerable these days. I need some.......cooperation!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree that Sesame Street was very important to my life, and I am sure many others, but I not on board with Google doing a week long tribute to Sesame Street and having no mention of Guy Fawkes Day.

    I was a little 'taken back' when I opened up my Google page on November 5th and it was the Cookie Monster instead of some fireworks or a Guy Fawkes mask or something! I thought that a tribute to Guy Fawkes was needed more so now than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Fawkes. A please to overthrow the bums out I take it?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.