2022-04-06

Sanctions Against Russia Won't Work

The U.S, announced another round of sanctions targeting banks, Putin's daughters and former politicians.

Apparently news hasn't hit American policy makers that Russia had been planning for all this for years and are somewhat insulated. 

Isn't it interesting and ironic Trump not only kept Putin under control? My take is he employed a keep your friends close but your enemies closer tactic. The result wasn't just some semblance of peace in Ukraine (the Ukrainians continued to bomb the Donbase since 2014) but he achieved the same thing in the Middle-East. Trump's foreign policy was, it must be said, excellent.

In any event, the sanctions are bound to be counter-productive. First of all, it doesn't include a key sanction: Oil and gas. And the reason why is because Europe is dependent on Russian oil and gas. If you want to 'bring to suffocate' (to borrow foreign policy whiz Melanie Joly's phrase) Russia, you may want to hit them where it hurts them most, no?

When the war started, Putin had 70% support of the people. It is now at 83%.

The harder you push them, the more you strengthen their resolve.

It's worth consulting history here. This is a country that repulsed Napoleon's Grande Armee and the Nazis under Hitler. 

Not only are these two victories embedded deep into the Russian psyche, it elicits monumental national  among Russians. 

Western sanctions are probably viewed in the same vain. Though the threat is not as existential. 

Russia will trade with China, India and Brazil to help offset any inconveniences.

Western nations need to get off their faux-righteous high horse and actually approach this with more intelligence.



5 comments:

  1. 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 $550 𝐭𝐨 $750 𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲 £𝟐𝟑𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬 . 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞…
    𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐨…………>>> 𝒉𝒕𝒕𝒑://𝑾𝒘𝒘.𝑵𝑬𝑻𝑪𝑨𝑺𝑯1.𝑪𝒐𝒎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google is presently paying $10447 to $13025 every month for working on the web from home. I have PAYed this activity 2 months back and I have earned $15248 in my first month from this activity. I can say my life is improved totally!

    Look at it what I do... 𝐓𝐨𝐩𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤.𝐜𝐨𝐦

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fast money earning online job to flood the cash in your bank account every week. from this only by working for 2 hrs a day after my college i made $17529 in my last month. I had zero experience when I joined this and in my first month I easily made $11854. It is so easy to do this job and regular income from this is just superb. want to join this right now? just go to this web page for more info________𝐖𝐰𝐰.𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝟏𝟐𝟒.𝐂𝐨𝐦

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fast money earning online job to flood the cash in your bank account every week. from this only by working for 2 hrs a day after my college i made $17529 in my last month. I had zero experience when I joined this and in my first month I easily made $11854. It is so easy to do this job and regular income from this is just superb. want to join this right now? just go to this web page for more info________𝐰𝐰𝐰.𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝟏𝟐𝟒.𝐜𝐨𝐦

    ReplyDelete
  5. 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 $550 𝐭𝐨 $750 𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲 £𝟐𝟑𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬 . 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞… 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐨……>>> 𝑾𝒘𝒘.𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑1.𝑪𝒐𝒎

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.