2021-11-07

Why Did Canada Never Set A Sovereign Wealth Fund?

Canada is endowed with an abundance of natural resources. With such an advantage, it is curious the county never set up a sovereign wealth fund similar to what Norway has.

The premise is a simple one where a percentage of all resources extracted sold would go into a 'savings account' for the economic well-being of a country.

View it as 'saving for a rainy day'.

Alas, such long-term thinking eluded Canadian officials and now the country finds itself in massive debt while looking to create a 'green economy' which seeks to eliminate part of the sector  key to the country's prosperity and stability.

Missed opportunities should be Canada's motto.

3 comments:

  1. I’ve made $84,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. I’m using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless. Here’s what I do… Read More

    ReplyDelete
  2. our roomate's mom makes $72 an hour at home, she has been unemployed for two months and last month her check was $21204 just working at home two hours per day... go to this link >>> www.ecash6.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. $95 an hour! Seriously I don't know why more people haven't tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And what's awesome is I'm working from home so I get more time with my kids HERE→→→→→ www.smartcash1.com

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.