2013-09-26

Impolite And Dangerous Drivers

Earlier this month I linked to a story in the news about Quebec drivers notorious for driving aggressively around school cross walks like maniacs caught on video.

My added thoughts were that I see that all the time bringing my kid to school. People are more concerned with rushing and not letting the other guy through or missing their turn rather than just sit calmly down. And this time it really is for the children.

Well, bringing my kid to school earlier I almost got hit by a car driven by a young girl who didn't pay attention.

Know what else? She gestured as if it was my fault!

But that quickly dissipated as the brigadier yelled and shouted at her and I offered a few choice words - though her window was up. I think she got the picture.

Idiot. It's completely inexcusable. She knows she's in a school zone. When a driver does enter one, they just have to anticipate slow downs. It's life. I get annoyed too (especially when my timing is so off I have to wait for 3 bus loads of kids to get off) but not to the point where I would jeopardize the life of a child. My aggravation stops at that. Sheesh.

Pedestrian right of way in a school zone in Quebec is a suggestion and a nuisance.

I swear. In all my time spent in Europe and multiple states and provinces, Quebec is far and away the most impolite automobile society when it comes to pedestrians and understanding common etiquette on the road.

In some parts of the city, notably small quiet towns (mostly those inhabited by English-speakers) it's better and more civil but still far from what I've observed in other places.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.