2014-03-27

Quote Of The Day

Obamacare anecdotes:

"We had a corporate meeting the other day - part of the news is the new company policy regarding tobacco usage. If you declare yourself as a non-tabacco user (and get the resulting cheaper insurance), you will can be randomly tested. This random testing also holds true for your spouse.

So in my case, my wife can be called in by my company to be tested (via a swab) for nicotine usage.
Of course I can see the reasons for doing so - since a minority will lie on the form and continue to smoke, but this method does seem awfully heavy-handed and not conducive to employee morale. eg - you trust me with millions of dollars of computer systems - but not enough to take my word on a form.

(note - I do smoke on a rare occasion but I'm definitely not a smoker)
And on a side note, I mentioned the above, blaming the coming nanny state. And one of my lib friends said it's actually the result of small government and conservatives."

Sad as this is and just part of the natural order of progressive things, the last part is most disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.