2014-03-19

Obama And The NCAA Bracket

A few years ago I invited a buddy to lunch with some of my investment colleagues back when I had a real job.

He joined us but one hour later he was up and ready to leave.

He's partner in a steel company and if anyone could take a two hour lunch it would be the boss, right? When he balked at sticking around he told me, "I may be the owner but I have to set an example. Perception matters in the owner-employee relationship."

I was proud of my friend. Alls growns ups. Here's a guy who didn't take much for granted.

Everytime I see a leader like Obama fill out a basketball bracket I think about this. The act of filling out a bracket isn't much or worth scoring cheap political points off. But, given the turmoil his administration is in, it may be a good piece of advice to at least play the part of a serious boss.

That reminds me.

I have to fill mine out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.