2013-07-31

Quick Sports Take

Fuck you Boston Red Sox-Seattle Mariners. It's not everyday I get to watch the Dodgers and tonight I had one of those few chances to do so. But nooooo, the Sox-Mariners had to go into extra innings and the channel didn't leave that match for the Dodgers-Yankees game.

Fuck.

***

AS Roma beat the MLS All-Stars 3-1 tonight in Kansas City. It was just the third loss for MLS (the other two came against Manchester United) in 11 games.

I'm liking the new look Roma - a team looking to globalize its brand.

Roma pretty much dictated play led by their legendary captain Francesco Totti. I know people may be tempted to conclude MLS is "inferior" or even "crap" but I won't go that far. Yes, it's a notch below great leagues found in Europe, however, I think it's a solid product that has much room to grow.

***

Read about Eagles receiver Riley Cooper . I think we're starting to get a little to excessive with our reactions to racial slurs. I think we should be careful with condemning someone as racist for what in reality is just ignorance. I understand about the whole slavery/segregation story but is it really fair to use that in today's context? Always remember yes (like the Holocaust) but let's chill a little. The guy looked really contrite by it.

It's a little like French-Canadian nationalists who are hell bent on "suppressing" English even though I had nothing to do with it.

It's sad and shouldn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.