2012-04-28

We Don't Need No (Paternalistic) Education

We're not quite Scandinavia yet but we'll get there soon enough.

The way I see it, if parents want to home-school let them. The way I see it, a private school should teach its own curriculum free of government interference. The way I see it, no one has to go there and everyone has the option to go to public school.

I don't understand the "one size fits all, top-bottom" paternalistic approach to education.

Does this make me extreme? Or a "hater?" I have to know how I'm labelled for branding purposes.

***

The students protesting - and rioting - in Quebec don't have a leg to stand on.

Have a look at this table.

Someone should ask, how on one end we have Quebec and Ontario at the other end?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.