2010-05-14

How An Apostrophe Almost Destroyed An Entire Language

Driving along a lonely but crowded road I came to a red light and did what all people do at a red light. I picked my nose. As I dug in, the famous McDonald's golden arch came into my field of vision. I observed the apostrophe 's' and recalled one of Quebec's most embarrassing law in the hey day. You know which one I'm talkin' 'bout Willis and Tootie. Remember at the height of the insane language paranoia and the little twirps in power demanded one of Montreal's landmark department stores Eaton's drop the apostrophe 's' because it signified an English symbol?

Yeah that one. It single handidly saved the French language. Let's celebrate!



The irony I thought (as I contemplated chomping down on a shnott) was how the word "Mc Donald's" escapted the moronic law because of franchise laws or something and yet...yet, no one fricken cares.

More importantly, it's proof an apostophe can't take down a language.

Knuckleheads. All of them. The ones who came up with it.

I decided to flick the sucker out the window. It hit and cracked the windshield of the car behind me. I sped off. Is it a hit and run?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.