2010-05-04

Economics Of Convenience

I find it intriguing that, as one friend told me, on one end we're told, when we debate the cost of welfare/universal programs, it's not about the money. Yet, these same people turn around and justify government laws intruding on personal choice on the basis of cost. "We have to have seat belt laws because if you get hurt you're a drain on the system and burden to your family." In other words, it's all economics all the time.

If I had to choose when I could apply economics it would be in the former case and not the latter. Telling someone they should consider assisted suicide on the basis of cost is frightening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.