2008-01-05

Finding room and spaces for history

It's a while I've been meaning to increase the history content on this site either through my own writing or by outsourcing to more able minds.

The only reason, to be frank, I haven't done so more often is directly linked to the time needed to write a lucid and well thought out history post. Little of it that is. My brain - to say nothing of a jittery leg - goes into several directions at once.

The other option for me was to find history blogs dedicated specifically to the art and discipline known as history. That too takes time as there aren't that many.

So why do I have a fetish for history? First off, I don't know why. Second, I earned a degree (to what I am not sure) in history and hope to one day continue my education in this field. For now, I will have to be simply remain content to exist as a slightly above average amateur who happens to know how to read history. I say "know" because it is quite possible to read history and still not quite grasp it. Especially if a reader insist on letting perceptions drive the intellect - assuming one is exercised.

Which brings me to the point of this post. Without further long-winded ado and personal blah, blahs I came across this post - for the second time - on The Pen and the Spindle. It conveys vividly the thought process necessary when intellectualizing and interpreting historical events and figures.

And it fits nicely into my objective of increasing history content.

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal - RIP.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including the P&S on your blog. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.