2018-03-06

It Could Happen Here

I was reading this story about a Swedish woman who is facing two years in prison for making a joke about Muslims. 

Canadians will read this and think this can't happen here.

I wonder.

We have the speech laws and the Liberals (in their quest to turn this country into a SJW shithole) ramped up restricting free speech with the abhorrent Motion 103. Of course, the government is claiming 'fake news' is misrepresenting their motion but it doesn't take a genius to understand how problematic this ill-thoguth out and confusing motion can be. It's open to all sorts of interpretation about what constitutes' Islamophobia'. All it takes is a certain interpretation and subsequent application of it by a prosecutor.

For example, here's a quote from the link above:

"In December 2017, four imams -- at mosques in North Carolina, New Jersey and Texas -- called for killing Jews. Two of the imams quoted from a hadith that says:
"The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him".

It's in the realm of probability and possibility I could get in trouble for merely posting this. In America, no, because of the 1A. In Canada, it gets dicier. And much more so with Motion 103.

And let's just say I'm off in the way I'm reading this (is my linking to this story 'Islamophobic'? , I just consider the source of who authored it and the party who supports it. The sophomoric behaviour of the Liberal party under Trudeau should make people pause about the necessity and validity of such a questionable motion.

I don't trust this government because they have not earned my trust. On the contrary, they've eroded it.

I love how the report claims we're under the sway of Rebel Media.

In ant event, what's happening in Sweden is horrific from the perspective of liberty in my view. And they want us to copy them? I think not.

Then they wonder nationalist populist parties are on the rise and getting elected in Europe.

People will not give up their rights to protect the feelings of Muslims. They should not be given victim status of any kind (and that goes for any group). They're not persecuted and live in peace alongside free citizens and as such have the full protection of Canadian law as it exists.

I just don't see the purpose of Motion 103 nor do I trust the government's intentions.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.