2017-02-16

Over-Whelmed By Reactionaries

While I'm not posting frequently, I am collecting stories. It's just that they come in fast and furiously and can't keep up. I like to at least research and ponder before I post my comments but I have to say, it's more than disturbing what I'm seeing and reading.

This thing of the intelligence community leaking actual classified information in what seems be nothing more than to hurt Trump is nuts. This is not a game anymore. They're actually taken to putting partisan politics above the security of the nation.

Never mind all the other crap. Worst among them being the left erecting excuses justifying punching people. Tell you what, they may just get what they wish for. Except, it won't end well for them.

Also. I was very disappointed to hear founder of Under Armour Kevin Plank take a full page ad apologizing for recent comments he made.

His 'mistake'?

For saying it's good to have a pro-business leader as President.

But sounds as if celebrities he sponsors rebelled and he had to retract rather than stick to his principles.

This is the zeitgeist.

And it's not good.

Not good at all.

Now I'm starting to get the gist of what Edmund Burke was saying the French Revolution was an abhorrent event. He probably saw right through the bull shit.

He wasn't entirely wrong. Soon after the Jacobins and reactionary forces took over.

I see a similar scenario unfolding as reactionaries are driving a narrative for its own sake free of any intellectual or moral principles.

The best we can do is just hold the line and hope the casualties are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.