2012-03-03

In Search Of Naive Dreams

Let's see what happens when people take off their blindfolds when it comes to sports. Hm, let's see.

Ah. Revelations of the New Orleans Saints Bounty Head Initiative! Inspiring people everywhere since Katrina. We're mad and we're not gonna take it anymore!

Let's be clear on one thing though. There was a monetary incentive to hurting other players. A little different than a bunch of jocks getting worked up and going after someone.

That this happened in sports, let alone pro football, doesn't stun me in the least bit. I just wondered what took people so long to understand.

I don't condone it. In fact, I loathe it and turned me away from sports in the sense I wasn't interested in pursuing a career in that field. It's filled with dipshits.

***

True story.

During a high school soccer practice (ours was a dream team with four provincial players, one national and five AAA) our best player got a little annoyed with someone's boasftulness - a teammate keep in mind.

He flat out told me and another guy, "Watch. I'm gonna teach that guy a lesson."

I can still hear the crack of the slide tackle.

I wake up in the middle of the night sweating from a reocurring nightmare where the yelp of fawn resonates meekly after being seized by the vicious teeth of a ravaging wolf. I think it's related to that.

It was that vicious of a slide tackle.

Let's just say the kid wasn't bragging anymore.

My point is...it's sports folks.

If you don't want to believe this shit happens move along and find another hobby or interest.

***

As I've might have mentioned in the past, I had a bit of a temper. Not in soccer mind you strange enough. More in court sports like squash and tennis. I would hurl rackets, trash talk and even swear loudly.

I know, I know. Me. Little docile, blogging shitface,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.