2012-03-01

Ethics Of Contraception

From the BBC.

I'm not passionate about it either way but I am suspicious of the "well it's better than abortion" argument; which strikes me as superficial.

Meh.

It's a little like when students who go on strike (as they plan to do here in Quebec. We have some of the lowest tution in the country and contintent) protesting tuition hikes claiming that society as a whole benefits while their education is subsidized.

There may be some truth in both cases but to the extent claimed? Not so sure.

4 comments:

  1. "[I]t's better than abortion" is superficial?

    Oy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely messed that sentence up. First off, I shouldn't have gotten in the way of the link.

    Second, it should have been noted off the top that it was directed at the on-going debate to subsidize contraception.

    Third, I did say it has some validity but to the extent society pay for it? That's why I submitted it was "superficial."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pay for your own birth control, I agree. As for abortion, I have nothing against it whatsoever, but then, I don't follow crowds well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. So is two a crowd?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.