2010-08-10

Latest Study For ACL Injuries

Being a veteran of two ACL surgeries, I keep up with the latest studies in anterior cruciate ligament surgeries and injuries.

One thing is for sure, after all the strength and conditioning I've done (including pilates) my knees never feel stable.

Each time I see an athlete suffer this serious injury I always say like a broken record, "that guy will never be the same." It's hard for my friends to grasp what I mean by that but once you hear that "pop" your pysche is never quite the same. I'm sure it's the same for elite athletes. It's not an MCL or PCL which can heal themselves. ACL is a different cat altogether.

By the way, I'm open to any questions if you had this surgery or thinking of having one.

1 comment:

  1. You will never find the source of the inhibition if you look at the knee, or any other injury. The source is often quite unexpected and is usually a foreign body somewhere, teeth, piercings, even something as basic as a watch. This is because the main (but unrecognised) cause of muscle inhibition is the withdrawal reflex. My book might be of interest, www.live-without-pain.com as are the videos on that site.

    Simon King

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.