2009-05-07

Article Of Interest: Green Cars May Leave You Seeing Red - As In Blood

Article of interest from the CEI titled "Small cars are dangerous cars".

In defense of the mini-green car, we do allow Vespa's on the road. Altough, I'm not sure if the tests included FIAT's green technology for cars. I'd be interested to know if FIAT'S smart-cars perform better on the safety front.

Nevertheless, the overall point of the article is, in my opinion, justified. It's nice to go green but just how safe are these cars? Given the high number of deaths on our roads, it's important we consider all available information at our disposal. If car manufactures can pull off the right balance all the power to them. Does Obama think consumers will purchase unsafe vehicles? What will he do if they don't? Force them to buy?

Come to think of it, we're not that far off from that scenario.

I don't expect (or trust) environmental activists to do what's right for citizens. However, I think I maintain a naive assumption that politicians will.

1 comment:

  1. Paul Costopoulos5/07/2009

    Unless I go completely batty you won't catch me driving, or even riding, in a Smart or a Vespa. My Neon is the smallest I will tolerate. The technology exists to make motors more economic without sacrificing safety. Of course it makes for less powerful speed demons, but then who needs a FI in a residential zone limited to 40Km/h? That is just what the car makers are trying to sell us, just look at their TV spots.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.