2007-10-03

Royal Bank of Canada 2007 Calendar: Sophomoric Multicultural Extremism

I was staring at the wall where my cousin works with a blank, intense possibly even insane look. "What are you staring at?" he said. "Man, that's a stupid calendar the Royal Bank came up with," I replied as I got up to to examine it. The calendar pandered to every possible stereotype you could think of regarding minorities - though at this point it's become somewhat tiresome if not absurd to describe a citizen of German, Irish, Italian etc. descent as a minority.

The calendar seemed so out of touch; out place and a misreality in its feeble attempt to "celebrate" various cultures and nationalities. There was the Indian lady in traditional Indian attire, jewelry and of course the kunkumam - for you ingrates among us that's the red dot on the forehead. There was the plump I-talian making pizza and well looka what we have here! A throwback to a German I have never seen dressed like those dudes in the Ricola commercials.

I can just imagine the German tourist office offering suggestions to the character-challenged Royal Bank saying, "We need less of him and more of them. You know, to enhance our image." "Hey! That's a great idea!" Thumbs up everywhere.

The calendar is so political correct it's offensive.

Note: I expect a knock on my door shortly for using their logo on this site. Sorry I couldn't peddle some Visas to my readers. In fact, stick around. I have a feeling this will be bank week here at TC HQ.

1 comment:

  1. $100,000 Mistake on Fishermen's loan. Website http://www.corporatebully.ca Fighting the Royal Bank of Canada one customer at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.