2005-02-18

Max: Unemployed Cheerful Blues

There's more about the blues than just despair. I detect some hope in it too. Its whole ethos, in its original form, was based on making the best out of a bad situation. Thus revealing the power of the human spirit. In my situation, if I really want to get depressed, I'll pop some George Jones and Johnny Cash. Those guys were dark. One of the most eerie songs (among many) I have heard, Billie Holiday's 'Strange Fruit' ranks up there.

Today I went to deposit a government check (nothing to do with unemployment or welfare) and had a hard time finding the 'deposit' button since I rarely use it. It seems my brain has been sufficiently trained to signal to my hand where the 'withdrawal' button is. It's a habit and reaction now. It was nice to put something in bank account for a change. Actually, the ATM was a snarly sarcastic one. Along with my transaction print came a note suggesting I put more in.

Darn those Middle East departments. All those oil profits yet they are poorer than they were in the 1950s. Surely something is wrong internally. No? How much can you twist and pimp the American/Jewish pig line? Nothing bemuses me more when they get together to try and intellectualize, through a thin veil of sophistimicated academia, in trying to 'define' terrorism. Imagine that. In this search, they will, no doubt, find a way to justify murder and the perverse sin known as suicide bombing. Murder is murder. C'est simple.

Governments are both a necessity and evil for humans. For some reasons we need it. Post-modern rhetoric seems to resent and question the state these days. Yet, humans need government to keep them in check or else...Leviathan, my friend, Leviathan. Thomas Hobbes was on to something. Nonetheless, this has not stopped humans in devising a shrewd monster to circumnavigate the power of government via the corporation. Now we have two human induced institutions conspiring to control us. Buy my taxes!

Other than that, I moved about, like a surreal painter, trying to find meaning in something with no particular aim. It felt good for some reason. No job, no clear path, no stability. Yet, it feels good not to be stuck behind a desk all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.