2005-02-25

Max: Stories from the Unemployed Pit

I was in an elevator today. You can tell much about modern society by just observing what happens in an elevator. It used to be the people coming OUT of the elevator had the right of way. This is no longer the etiquette. Today, the people coming in barrel past you as you walk out. It's sickening. I want to open their mouths and spit down their mouths when they do those things.

Another thing that aggravates me is when there is no one else in the elevator and you think it's clear sailing to get to your floor. Until someone's arm separates the closing doors or someone comes dashing in. I always pretend to reach for the 'open door' button and make a gesture like I tried when they actually miss coming in. I'm a jerk? Maybe. But you know what happens to people who offer kind gestures in elevators. That person gets off the floor before you thus extending your ride AND 6 other people ALWAYS follow the person you so kindly let in. AND THEY ARE ALL GETTING OFF BEFORE YOU. Next thing you know you are set back 3 minutes and feel you came off a ride at an amusement park. So fuck social kindness in elevators. Not on my time......Unless, of course, the person coming in is a babe.

I bought 'American Idiot' last week. It's an impressive album. The first song is filled with the usual baby-la-la
I'm-anti-anything-that-makes-no-sense-to-me-especially-Dubya fatalist and their cynical poetry. What is it with people and their fears of being made to look like a fool? Another piece of relativism and post-modern lyrical art...Still, with all the junk the record industry hurls at us, as a music enthusiast I appreciate the effort. Great albums are a rare breed these days.

I find myself dropping in and out of mainstream life conciousness. This whole routine, life, is beginning to get on my nerves. Sometimes I feel like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon to escape.

I still haven't forgotten about why I think I'm unemployable. Just need to find the right time for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.