2014-09-02

Mandatory Voting Mulled By Liberals

Heard on the news that the Federal Liberals are looking to make voting mandatory.

Not surprising given to them all solutions run through higher taxes and coercion.

Nothing can be more anti-liberty and democratic than forcing people to vote. If they don't vote, then that speaks volumes to what they think of the options. At least, that's what I think. I vote but believe me, I swallow the bad taste each time. No party or candidates remotely cover issues I consider important.

Just more of the same from unimaginative ideas from (sometimes clueless) people looking to get a pension.

So.

Make it mandatory. Get 100% voting. Just like in Cuba. Cuba is the model free nation. 100% literacy, 100% health care, and 100% voting - all for Castro! We must clone Cuba! 100% perfect!

Bah.

But I ask. How much it would it be worth? All you've done is create a hall of mirrors filled with deception and lies.

Unless.

Unless they add a 'none of the above' option on the ballot. Still, I don't like the idea of the state forcing people to do anything. After all, we are free to even ignore our politicians.

Or else, I'm pretty sure people will spoil their ballot. At which point, I'm sure the authoritarians will look to levy a fine on that too.

Such is the state of democracy in the West. We're forced to accept mediocrity.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.