2011-07-13

Celebrity Trash

I have no issues with celebrity news. What I have a problem with is that it makes headlines. How useless are we that "Portman's baby name revealed?" finds its way on the main pages?

If you stop to listen to the groundhog's fart, you would have to conclude it's absolutely pointless.

No?

How about the CBC dedicating resources in covering wall to wall William and Kate? How much of "he's so kind and she's so pretty" can one digest? Talk about wasting good talent. Talk about degrading any shred of true journalism left on this precious earth!

Years ago I was flipping through channels and anyone associated to the Beverley Hills 9000121001 - or whatever it was called. I didn't watch it. But boy was it immensely popular in France. My cousin would literally leave his post at his restaurant to watch it in his office. I already didn't like it in English, imagine in French! Mon dieu, le morte d'Arthur passe moe l'arme!- would be plastered on those sycophantish celebrity shows. You know, the ones laced with forced laughs to bad jokes and feigned interest in what celebrities think about various issues and other assortment of hilariously dumb comments.

It is with those shows I learned how utterly boring, depraved, unimaginative and insulting they could be when they tried to convince me that Tori Spelling looked good in any style. It came off as if trying to sell a car to a blind guy.

I met a few girls in my life who "had it" when it came to a natural sense of style and one of them was Stephanie M - at miniscule financial fraction of what Spelling had at her disposal.

Anyway.

It's all designed, this idol bull shit, to distract us from true, independent free thought and critical thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.