2011-07-23

All I Ask

All I ask is that for people to get their simple facts straight. A lot of "facts" are up for debate (like the insane Jewish-Palestine debate that stretches back thousands and thousands of years) but some are not. While listening to a local sports reports playing in the background, I heard the broadcaster say Peru beat Brazil in the quarter-finals of Copa America. Jesus Christ, I screamed, you're the SOCCER ANALYST for a TV station. How hard can it be to fucking fact check that! Man, I keep tabs of over nine sports by myself without much error and I'm just a stupid, lousy blogger.

Paraguay beat Brazil. Makes you wonder if they actually watch the games.

A lot like Leonard Maltin. I always wondered how can any person track and watch that many movies? Finally, I read somewhere he trains a staff to help him out.

***

Videotron, my cable, telephone and TV provider, is another one. The grammar on the description on the TV guide is so bad I wonder if they even care. Clearly, it's being translated by a non-anglophone who hasn't a clue about what they're writing about. Sometimes it's so bad, they completely miss the description. I mean to write each one when I see it, but that's too complicated.

I have the mind to write them and tell them I'll do it for friggen free if it means getting it done right. I can just imagine an American reading that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.