2009-04-27

Comic Humour That Eludes

For years and years and years and years I dutifully read, whenever I get my hands on them, comics of any kind. I pretty much have what I've been told an "enhanced but disturbed" sense of humor. I'll take it!

But that doesn't mean I "get" critically acclaimed comic strips. For instance, I never did get hooked on Doonesbury.

I'm sure Garry Trudeau is trembling in disappointment.

On the flip side, I share a similar penchant for humour with a good friend I grew up with and he loves Doonesbury.

Interesting how tastes intersect and divert.

2 comments:

  1. Paul Costopoulos4/28/2009

    I'M a great fan of Doonesbury but I also like For Better, For Worse...and Dilbert. Worrysome?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. Humour is intensely personal. It's impossible to define why and how it affects people differently.

    Like, you know, inflation.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.