2005-01-21

Beneath the Beauty

She's gorgeous. My lord, I can't keep my eyes off her. I ordered a second espresso. She hasn't noticed me yet. She has to look up at some point. Nobody keeps their head down reading that long. Jimmy St. Barman came over to talk me. I don't mention the girl but he knows she's there. She apparently comes often. I come in often and never noticed her before. Different hours, he tells me.

I fiddled around with the paper and looked up at the plasma screen to occupied my eyes. She finally looked up. What an incredibly engaging smile. No one has ever captivated me this way. It made me nervous. Maybe it's the four espresso shots.

Jimmy came over and noticed she kept returning my gawks with several subtle glimpses of her own. She had style. I don't normally gawk. Why would I give them the upper hand? Man, do I hate these games. I am so patently bad at them. Do I send her a drink? This is not a bar and she's not a cheap skank. Do I go over? Nah, that's presumptuous. Maybe she would like to be alone. I need an in.

Jimmy served her lunch at the table. She ordered the linguine. Good choice. I take a break and let her enjoy her food without any pressure.

Suddenly something she did caught my eye.

What is she doing? She's cutting her pasta? Is she mad? Is she some kind of Pict? Oh lord, the humanity! What's next? Is she going to ask for butter?

On a second thought, she ain't so cute. Fuck her. I turned around and continued to talk to Jimmy as if nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.