2019-05-07

Diluting Words: Genocide

I hear the word 'genocide' be thrown around a lot. Like 'racist' and 'Nazi. 
The latest was from people who argue Israel is committing genocide agains the Palestinians. 
I don't think that's the case. In fact, those who accept this assertion are just redefining (or plain acceptating a redefinition of the word) ‘genocide’ to a vert low standard by which even self-defence qualifies.
Of course, this only applied to Israel. 'Proportional response' and all that.
In my view, Israel is never going to win the PR racket with the left. Never. No matter what. 
Only its destruction will allow it to live in peace.

It's perhaps worth being suspicious of their ‘you can criticize Israel and not hate Jews’. Logically, yes you can. Even more so with when other countries are concerned. I don't think, for example, this resonates as much when you replace Israel with Canada. That is reformatted as 'you can criticize Canada and not hate Canadians.' Indeed you can. Some say it's your civic (perhaps moral even) duty! 
I think one can have strong opinions about Israel and maintain a respect for Israel and its right to exist. 
That's where I question the progressive left's take. I'm not certain they agree it has a right to exist. So in essence, it can be argue I suppose, criticizing Israel without acknowledging its right to exist is basically hating Jews. 
About racism.
Recently, the CBC's Neil MacDonald - Krugman North - made a really specious and lazy attempt to link conservatism with 'white supremacy'.  I may breakdown the article at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.