2009-08-27

The Netherlands Go From Progressive To Insipid In A Jiffy

Though I'm not so sure they were progressive in the first place.

But, hey that's me.

Wow. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry about this story.

Social workers in the Netherlands have taken legal action to try to stop a 13-year-old girl from sailing around the world on her own.

Is there no belief in the sanctity of freedom of choice anymore?

Think about this for a second.

We may think it's irresponsible or stupid, but seriously, that's not my place to decide what people can and can't do. Seriously, where do we draw the line?

The governments action has so many potential unforeseen consequences it's too much for me to contemplate.

The government is not gaining ground - it caught us. Run, Forrest, run!

I hear in Holland they'll start assigning citizens Personal Bureaucrat Officers to live with them.

Of course, I jest, but are we really far from this? And don't think for one sec it can't happen here in North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.