2012-06-16

Missed Job Opportunity

Back when I was 14 I thought to go and get a job at a local record store. Discus it was called.

I bought a lot of records there so it was a perfect fit for my first job.

I filled out the application form and figured I'd get a call.

It never came.

Some time after that Roy Orbison passed away. At the time he was a member of The Traveling Wilbury's (a super group from th 1980s that included Tom Petty, Jeff Lynn and Bob Dylan).

At the counter where I purchased the Wilbury CD the clerk looked at it and flippantly said, "il y'a un qui mort, non?"

It was more like, "there's a dead one in there, no?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. A "dead one?"

Not getting the job was one thing, but listening to an ignorant hack possibly hogging my job was another. See, I always believed you should have some knowledge of the job you hold. If you don't, at least get informed before the opening so as to not look like an idiot. Call me old fashioned.

In this case, a person in a record store should have known the name of the person was Roy Orbison.

Damn you, Discus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.