2012-01-02

Strange Memories

Our memory and how it functions can be strange. Ever wonder why certain non-eventful moments and images from our past stay lodged deep within our minds popping up from time to time?

Forsample.

When I was in grade school, I watched an intramural basketball game among the girls. I remember watching it on stage but I don't remember whether it was during school hours or not or other relevant details. I just remember three people starring in this sorry act: Myself, the gym teacher (Rollie) acting as referee and a girl (Mirella).

Mirella was constantly appealing to Rollie to call a foul until he finally retorted in a French-Canadian accent, "are you made of chocolate?"

That's it. That's the story. A fricken footnote in my life forever surfacing into focus from time to time. I don't know why. Maybe it traumatized me hearing an adult speak in such a manner. Who knows?

Maybe that's why I hate clowns?

2 comments:

  1. You need a reason to hate clowns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was some kind of fixation on a chocolate Mirella

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.