2011-09-20

The Big Tear Down

Apparently, whoever owns the Oympic Stadium is soliciting ideas from the public on what to do with it.

Here's mine:

Tear it down. The roof - with its ugly cables holding it up -  is an embarrassing and ghastly mark on what's already a so-so part of the city. Put up an amusement park or giant testicle made of recycled material for all I care. What's the point in keeping it going? It's one big concrete non-sequitur.

I once had the surreal pleasure of having to make a delivery at the Big O a couple of years back.

After navigating through a dizzying maze, I ended up in the nether-regions of the Olympic stadium where I swear I thought I stumbled on an entire lost species from middle-earth working as if it was 1976 again. I emerged from the darkness and into the light of day in dazzled amazement wondering what I just witnessed.

It's a useless, stinky (you can still smell the sweat from past ball games as the humidity clings on to it for the memories) poorly constructed, corruptive, costly, dated piece of junk without the Expos, Alouettes and Oympics long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.